Where can I get sausage recipes from?
Right here! These recipes are tailored towards homemade sausages, not mass produced sausages. Sausages made in large volumes are produced with ingredients tailored towards maximum profit and shelf life. There is no point in trying to make these types of sausage – you may as well just buy them.
This is about making sausages with select ingredients and knowing exactly what is inside. There is no need for preservatives (after all we can just pop them in the freezer for a longer shelf life) or colourants (we are not selling them – we are eating them!).
Keep popping back to check for more :-). Recipes will be using ingredients from Designa Sausage – simplified to make your life easier.
Traditional English Breakfast Sausage
1kg Lean Pork Mince
100g-150g Dried Breadcrumbs (use Gluten Free Bread if preferred)
20-40g Sausage Seasoning (fry a little in a pan to taste before filling into the casings. Chef’s golden rule – you can always add but you can’t take away)
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl.
- Tie a knot in one end of the sausage casing and place on the nozzle (or end of the filling bag).
- Fill the casings being careful not to over stuff – allow room for linking and expansion when cooking.
- Make links in the sausage casing at regular intervals – roughly every 10 cm/4 inches.
- Place in a bag or a covered bowl in the fridge overnight.
- We recommend baking at 180C/350F/Gas4 for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and piping hot through to the centre.